1993-09-12 - Let’s stick to the topic, folks…

Header Data

From: Andrew Corradini/SBDC <Andrew.Corradini@m.cc.utah.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 190ba12da80471f8b50ea8d105952965d4b24c20fa367924a14f40faba8e12bd
Message ID: <Pine.3.05.9309121207.A16804-b100000@u.cc.utah.edu>
Raw Date: Sun, 12 Sep 93 11:58:23 PDT

Raw message

From: Andrew Corradini/SBDC <Andrew.Corradini@m.cc.utah.edu>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 93 11:58:23 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Let's stick to the topic, folks...

For purely practical reasons, could we all please try to limit stuff that'd
end up on soda.berkeley.edu in the "rants" directory? ;-)

This is a MAILING LIST, not a newsgroup, and some of us have pretty limited
space available. Debating constitutional issues, splitting hairs over the
difference between libertarianism and anarchism (let ALONE "strong" vs. "weak"
anarchy!) is best done in an alt.politics-type setting, no? I didn't subscribe
to the list to see 7-level-deep nested quotes arguing over whether anarchy is
fundamentally unstable; I suspect most others on the list didn't either.

As I understood, and understand, the thrust of the group deals with the
TECHNOLOGY and TECHNIQUES involved in the application of cryptography to
privacy-related issues and the free distribution of "information", whether dirty
pictures, money, or a poem you just wrote to your loved one.

NOT the philosophy.

Please, for bandwidth's sake, would people please take their back-n-forth's....
*private*?! ;-)  (pun fully intended)

(deep breath, relax shoulder tension, stepping down from soapbox)

Thanks, y'all. I feel much better now.
Andrew

Thread