1993-09-18 - The lighter side

Header Data

From: fergp@sytex.com (Paul Ferguson)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 3755413212be334454c3711c283cea136e78184b892935ec35816dc79aaea711
Message ID: <5ws20B1w165w@sytex.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 17 Sep 93 18:45:16 PDT

Raw message

From: fergp@sytex.com (Paul Ferguson)
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 93 18:45:16 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: The lighter side

And on a lighter note:

Newsgroups: comp.org.eff.talk,sci.crypt,alt.security.pgp,talk.politics.cry
pto
From: john@iastate.edu (John Hascall)
Subject: Re: *FLASH* Moby SUBPOENA served
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1993 13:39:39 GMT

grady@netcom.com (Grady Ward) writes:

}SUBPOENA TO TESTIFY BEFORE GRAND JURY
   ..
}YOU ARE ALSO COMMANDED to bring with you

}Any and all correspondence, contracts, payments, and record,
}including those stored as computer data, relating to the
}international distribution of the commercial product "Moby
}Crypto" and any other commercial product related to PGP and RSA
}Source Code for the time period June 1, 1991 to the present.

   I don't suppose they'd see the humor of bringing
   it on a disk and encrypted...

John
--
John Hascall                   ``An ill-chosen word is the fool's
messenger.''

Newsgroups: comp.org.eff.talk,sci.crypt,alt.security.pgp,talk.politics.cry
pto
From: grady@netcom.com (Grady Ward)
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1993 14:44:34 GMT

John Hascall (john@iastate.edu) wrote:

:    I don't suppose they'd see the humor of bringing
:    it on a disk and encrypted...

HEhe obstruction of justice  he he  ten years ho ho heh he

But seriously, encryption makes it possible to take the fifth
amendment and *mean* it...  (Not that anyone here has anything to
hide, of course.)

--
Grady Ward                                         grady@netcom.com
3449 Martha Ct.                           compiler of Moby lexicons

Paul Ferguson               |   privacy \'pri-va-see\ n, pl, -cies;
Mindbank Consulting Group   |   1: the quality or state of being apart
Fairfax, Virginia USA       |   from others  2: secrecy
fergp@sytex.com             |
ferguson@icp.net            |   Privacy -- Use it or lose it.

Thread