1993-09-04 - No Subject

Header Data

From: b44729@achilles.ctd.anl.gov (Samuel Pigg)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 5074666b2724db1b26ba996470aceba9c2cebdf9e2cb5e3681fb2bdb91903077
Message ID: <9309040631.AA11668@achilles.ctd.anl.gov>
Reply To: <199309040559.AA18179@xtropia>
UTC Datetime: 1993-09-04 06:35:35 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 3 Sep 93 23:35:35 PDT

Raw message

From: b44729@achilles.ctd.anl.gov (Samuel Pigg)
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 93 23:35:35 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: No Subject

 > ld231782@longs.lance.colostate.edu (L. Detweiler) writes:

 >C'punks, it seems to me that the anonymous pool idea is underutilized
 >by the remailers. I suggest that a remailer variation be developed that
 >posts to an anonymous pool (some appropriate obscure newsgroup)

 MC> No need to change anything.  Just add a pool address to the
 MC> "Request-remailing-to:" line.

 MC> Miron Cuperman <miron@extropia.wimsey.com>

	anonymous> Excuse me if I am misunderstanding the "obscure
	anonymous> newsgroup" concept, but is not the
	anonymous> "Request-Remailing-To:" feature of cypherpunks
	anonymous> remailers unable to post to newsgroups, but only to
	anonymous> individual or mailing list addresses?  I have been
	anonymous> told that only Penet's remailer could remail
	anonymous> directly to newsgroups, obscure or otherwise.

	anonymous> Thanks for any clarification.

No, I think that julf's remailer is the only *anonymous* posting
facility (heck there might be more *now*.) But there are several (last
I checked) non-anonymous mail->news gateways on the net, and if used
from a remailer, the only address the mail->news gateway would have is
the remailer's.
	Of course, the remailers could be rewritten to allow posting
capability also. (probably not a good idea, as I doubt many of the
remailer admins would want to suffer throught the controversy that
Julf has had to) but it's up to them.

Sam Pigg                                  dt1acaa@cfraix.cfr.usf.edu
samp@renoir.cftnet.com        <or>       b44729@achilles.ctd.anl.gov
PGP Key Fingerprint: ED A7 49 33 65 90 9A BD A4 E4 C5 92 5A 00 BC 6C

Thread