1993-09-14 - Spread spectrum radio

Header Data

From: Hastings@courier8.aero.org
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 5420569c416035f4358a73d6b539ae9701a71abf6d90e81d1d86bcf37f43a07a
Message ID: <0007BCA6.MAI*Hastings@courier8.aero.org>
Raw Date: Tue, 14 Sep 93 09:09:59 PDT

Raw message

From: Hastings@courier8.aero.org
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 93 09:09:59 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Spread spectrum radio

It was encouraging to see messages about spread spectrum recently. Bypassing
the telcos could be important in a crypto-hostile legal environment. And who
wants to pay for message forwarding when we can do it ourselves
efficiently, almost for free?

A bit off topic, but I didn't start it:
Someone posted a message that the Waco tank driver ID'd the tank in the
Waco: The Big Lie video. But the Chrysler model equipped with a flame
thrower claimed to be the tank didn't match Neil Schulman's military expert's
opinion, that the model in question did not come equipped with a flame
thrower, but could easily support one. Linda Thompson (W:TBL producer)
then claimed it was the Chrysler flame thrower tank cleverly disguised to look
like the others. As Neil told me, "First she says some animal on the tape is a
squirrel. I say the zoologist says it's a chipmunk. Then she says it's a
chipmunk disguised as a squirrel." For the complete detailed exchange from the
Waco echo conference, e-mail me at jkhastings@aol.com or Neil at
softserv@genie.geis.com. Sorry for being off topic, but government atrocities
DO undermine the argument that law enforcement needs to take away your right
to privacy for your own safety. And we're talking about DECIPHERING what's on
the video. Yeah, that's it.

"Beat the system before the system beats you."
Kent - <jkhastings@aol.com>

Thread