1993-09-28 - Re: saturation tactics?

Header Data

From: nate@VIS.ColoState.EDU
Message Hash: 542d60be064dd2bbd739e165a3148014e4fca1034bd607b505f76f545b621e42
Message ID: <9309282346.AA20111@nagel.VIS.ColoState.EDU>
Reply To: <93Sep28.005832pdt.14165-1@well.sf.ca.us>
UTC Datetime: 1993-09-28 23:46:34 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 28 Sep 93 16:46:34 PDT

Raw message

From: nate@VIS.ColoState.EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 93 16:46:34 PDT
Subject: Re: saturation tactics?

George A. Gleason coersed the electrons into symbolizing:
>yeah, here's a cheaper version.  Write to the arms excport license people
>and pester them with questions: I'm a BBS operator, what should I do?; I'm a
>businessperson travelling overseas and need my crypto to comm with the home
>office what should I do?; all this kind of thing.  Swamp them with letters.
>Every person and every circumstance which even remotely fits.
>
>An alternative version which would require more guts and perhaps a serious
>conscientious decision about whether it's worth making this an act of civil
>disobedience, is to write to them and say, "I'm a BBS operator, not an arms
>merchant, and on the strength of my 1st-A rights I'm not going to censor my
>board or get a license..."  or  "I'm a businessperson who travels & takes my
>cryupto out of the country on my laptop to comm with the home office; I'm
>not an arms dealer either and I don't intend to get a license..."  And
>again, there is strength in numbers here.
>
>And of course, a good steganographic program or two would be a very nice
>development indeed, Just In Case.
>
>-gg

I would favor this oprion, since each person could write several letters,
each addressing a separate topic/gripe/question.

BTW, what is the snail-mail address to send these letters to?

-nate

| Nate Sammons   email: nate@VIS.ColoState.Edu
|      Colorado State University Computer Visualization Laboratory
|      Finger nate@monet.VIS.ColoState.Edu for my PGP key
|      #include <std.disclaimer>
|                                    Always remember "Brazil"

Thread