1993-09-24 - Re: Why RSA?

Header Data

From: msattler@netcom.com
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 55baf00f38a1b8fbceeec0eb174ac96c2bd81f32ce50b92f599cc1f6f3221f45
Message ID: <9309240153.AA14374@netcom.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 23 Sep 93 18:57:26 PDT

Raw message

From: msattler@netcom.com
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 93 18:57:26 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Why RSA?

>I don't know if ViaCrypt includes any distinguishing features
>that let you tell a ViaCrypt PGP message from a Real PGP message -
>they could do subtle stuff like make the session keys all
>include some checksum (e.g. be a multiple of N mod M),
>or crude stuff like put "Version 2.3ViaCrypt" in the headers,
>which would let them detect non-ViaCrypt PGP users.
>I assume not, but I haven't seen it.

PRZ has specifically said that it is his intention to have no difference
between the output of the PGP and ViaCrypt so that users of the
free-ware version can't be ferreted out.

Michael S. Sattler         msattler@netcom.com        +1 (415) 358-3058
Digital Jungle Software    Encrypt now; ask me how.   (finger for PGP key)

  "Don't Panic!" -- Douglas Adams     "Don't Panic.  Stay Cool."  -- PRZ

Thread