1993-09-16 - CRADA

Header Data

From: ferguson@fiber.sprintlink.net (Paul Ferguson x2044)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 73b13c53f073ad1054996bb940592c4f11375e0f4cecfe7b2a7417ab2cc4cd76
Message ID: <9309162151.AA18816@fiber.sprintlink.net>
Raw Date: Thu, 16 Sep 93 13:54:45 PDT

Raw message

From: ferguson@fiber.sprintlink.net (Paul Ferguson x2044)
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 93 13:54:45 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: CRADA

On Thu, 16 Sep 1993 15:55:22 -0400,
 Peter Wayner <pcw@access.digex.net> wrote -

> NIST, in recognition of these facts, has announced a "Cooperative
> Research and Development" plan (called CRADA-- the "A" might
> stand for agreement). This would allow members of industry and
> academia to join together with NIST and the NSA to try and discover
> a good, software based, Key Escrow scheme. Ray Bonner, deputy director
> of NIST, discussed the plan and said that he wasn't sure that it
> would lead to anything but that it was worth a try. He also said
> that we should keep a copy of the Federal Register containing the
> announcement (Vol 58, #162, Tues,  Aug 24 1993, pg 44662) because
> it could be the only CRADA ever involving the NSA. It could become
> a collectors item.

Where could one find an ASCII copy of the pertinent portion of
the Federal Register (specifically, Vol. 58, #162, Tues., Aug 24
1993, pg 44662) that includes this "CRADA"?

If anyone manages to obtain a copy, please let us (me) know.

Paul Ferguson
Mindbank Consulting Group                                    fergp@sytex.com
Fairfax, Virginia  USA                                       ferguson@icp.net

Thread