1993-09-29 - Re: Orange book, the NSA, and the NCSC

Header Data

From: khijol!erc (Ed Carp)
To: karn@qualcomm.com (Phil Karn)
Message Hash: b33f111b4ebd7d98d1b539205b31c12301a412ba07f945824ae143ba74449de1
Message ID: <m0ohwxY-00022PC@khijol>
Reply To: <9309290635.AA16536@servo>
UTC Datetime: 1993-09-29 09:11:39 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 29 Sep 93 02:11:39 PDT

Raw message

From: khijol!erc (Ed Carp)
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 93 02:11:39 PDT
To: karn@qualcomm.com (Phil Karn)
Subject: Re: Orange book, the NSA, and the NCSC

> Better yet, send them large PGP-encrypted messages using maximum-length
> public keys that are not registered with the key servers. That should
> keep their Crays busy for a while. :-)

Even if a Cray can crack a PGP-encrypted message in, say, an hour, flooding
the system with messages would tend to obscure real traffic with obscure
junk.  Hey, I can encrypt /vmunix with a random key as fast as the next
person.  :)
--
Ed Carp, N7EKG			erc@apple.com			510/659-9560
                            anon-0001@khijol.uucp