1993-09-28 - Re: Clinton UN Speech / Msg to Prez/VP

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <pmetzger@lehman.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: bb55f4f66ded7ac5f9f85a13d5f736b794f8300f63c85e1c19f833a8a3557f5e
Message ID: <9309281255.AA14898@snark.lehman.com>
Reply To: <01H3GN1EBEV690N1NN@delphi.com>
UTC Datetime: 1993-09-28 12:56:19 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 28 Sep 93 05:56:19 PDT

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <pmetzger@lehman.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 93 05:56:19 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Clinton UN Speech / Msg to Prez/VP

Mike Ingle says:
> In his UN speech this morning, Clinton talked about cracking down on nuke
> and missile proliferation, and he also mentioned eliminating cold-war-era
> restrictions which are harming American business. Let's put together a
> message to president@whitehouse.gov and vice-president@whitehouse.gov
> (since Gore is the info-highway guru) stating our position.

Messages sent to president@whitehouse.gov are weighed, not read. I
suspect this will have about as much effect on the president as a note
written in a bottle and tossed into the ocean.

However, on that basis, its perfectly harmless for you to send a
letter saying anything whatsoever other than a threat on the
president's life, so if you and others would like to spend time
writing such a thing, you can feel free. Just remember that there is
no cypherpunks organization, so you can't claim to represent us.

Perry

Thread