1993-09-22 - Re: Why RSA?

Header Data

From: Derek Atkins <warlord@MIT.EDU>
To: Timothy Newsham <newsham@wiliki.eng.hawaii.edu>
Message Hash: e1a9f9b0180ffb0762ecf9b370d36c1fd757c0dc620e1520dbd9f1f7c9b2df18
Message ID: <9309222117.AA01001@toxicwaste.MEDIA.MIT.EDU>
Reply To: <9309222048.AA20361@toad.com>
UTC Datetime: 1993-09-22 21:20:21 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 22 Sep 93 14:20:21 PDT

Raw message

From: Derek Atkins <warlord@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 93 14:20:21 PDT
To: Timothy Newsham <newsham@wiliki.eng.hawaii.edu>
Subject: Re: Why RSA?

> plan:  Take the PGP source and rip it apart into tiny pieces
> and put it back together in an organized way.  Change the
> Makefile structure to build various libraries and isolate
> the main user interface routines into a seperate group of
> files.  Basically a restructuring of PGP that will provide
> various intermediate libraries that may be used by other programers
> for linking within their program.

If you plan to do this yourself, I can guarantee you, 100%, that
*NONE* of your work will go into the next release of PGP!

The work you suggest is underway.  Please be patient, for if you
did look at the PGP code, you would see what spaghetti it really
is!  If you remain patient, and wait for the next release, then
maybe things will be a lot better for you!)

---A concerned citizen who hates people who re-invent the wheel
or duplicate others' efforts!!!

-derek

Thread