1993-10-21 - Re: Gold in them thar Bills…

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <pmetzger@lehman.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 113b9a143a763298aa0e22e98c7ae4d2bb8c0bce40ca75d267377f9b7eabab25
Message ID: <9310212228.AA22319@snark.lehman.com>
Reply To: <9310212036.AA25191@tdws22>
UTC Datetime: 1993-10-21 22:33:04 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 21 Oct 93 15:33:04 PDT

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <pmetzger@lehman.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 93 15:33:04 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Gold in them thar Bills...

Howard Suutala - ICD says:

> writes pmetzger@lehman.com (Perry E. Metzger)
>
> >I can take the pound of gold to MTB down the block and have dollars,
> >yen, or anything else I like, within 15 minutes. I can then take those
> >to buy Big Gulps.
>
> >Perry
>
> Yes, as long it was been minted in a recognized form i.e. a gold eagle,
> a panda, or gold peso.

Of course. I will point out, by the way, that a Credit Suisse ingot
will do just as well for you. Its also fairly easy to determine if you
are dealing with nearly pure gold or not.

Perry

Thread