1993-10-25 - Re: A favor re Detweiler

Header Data

From: dmandl@lehman.com (David Mandl)
To: hfinney@shell.portal.com
Message Hash: 261aa7df30e0cc0f662a76e261a24da2861e65661eb7fb856e2a8a28bda1238d
Message ID: <9310251306.AA13940@disvnm2.lehman.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 25 Oct 93 06:20:05 PDT

Raw message

From: dmandl@lehman.com (David Mandl)
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 93 06:20:05 PDT
To: hfinney@shell.portal.com
Subject: Re: A favor re Detweiler

> From: hfinney@shell.portal.com (Hal Finney)
>
> I'd like to expend some "reputation capital" here and ask people for a
> favor.  I am worried about Larry Detweiler's obvious mental anguish.  We
> tend to forget that we are dealing with real people on the net, flesh
> and blood human beings.  Larry is obviously going through genuine
> difficulties here.  As a member of our virtual community, I ask that we
> show him some compassion and consideration.

I agree.  I was just about to post a message saying the same thing.  At
this point, some of the anti-L.D. posts are becoming downright cruel, and
in my eyes amount to kicking a man when he's down.  Why don't you give it
(and him) a little rest?

   --Dave.

Thread