1993-10-01 - [Question EFF yielding of crypto authority to NIST]

Header Data

From: Doug Humphrey <digex@access.digex.net>
To: ssimpson@eff.org
Message Hash: 4df79f11a103a1dd149d7e5815e25c90221ebf2197873c72b667deceac21cb76
Message ID: <199310012306.AA11714@access.digex.net>
Raw Date: Fri, 1 Oct 93 16:13:40 PDT

Raw message

From: Doug Humphrey <digex@access.digex.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 93 16:13:40 PDT
To: ssimpson@eff.org
Subject: [Question EFF yielding of crypto authority to NIST]

[stuff deleted]

>Actually, they have issued such legal guarantees.  They're in the form of the
>administration's vow to uphold the US Constitution.  That document's 9th and
>10th amendments preclude US Government denial or disparagement of the people's
>right to use cryptography (and a whole lot of others).  The fact that these
>legal guarantees are being ignored simply illustrates that their tyranny is
>unbridled.

When I first scanned this, I saw  "... illustrates that their tyranny is
unbundled"

And I thought, what a concept!

Doug

Thread