1993-10-27 - ADMIN: toad.com’s mail hicups Tuesday morning…

Header Data

From: hugh@ecotone.toad.com (Hugh Daniel)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 54af3b911e90a7e61016a08dc2696d49d4ac898178d2a9c38bcea74a3948e764
Message ID: <9310270814.AA20223@ ecotone.toad.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 27 Oct 93 01:22:36 PDT

Raw message

From: hugh@ecotone.toad.com (Hugh Daniel)
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 93 01:22:36 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: ADMIN: toad.com's mail hicups Tuesday morning...

  The list mailhost, toad.com, had massive problems today with
sendmail queues, resulting in load averages over 90 (on a machine
where 6 is high) and other unfun problems for me to chase.
  To my knowledge no mail was droped on the floor, but some mail did
come out of the machine with headders missing.  I have no idea what
the mail software thought it was doing by droping headers, but I think
we will live even so.
  I am looking at installing some newer software to deal with the
problems of today, though the root causes are solved for now, better
software (sendmail) is called for.
  On the other hand better software is ALLWAYS called for... Guess I
had better get back to doing that sort of work...

		||ugh Daniel
		Sysadmin of the month
		hugh@toad.com

Thread