1993-10-21 - Articulation of PGP point of view?

Header Data

From: “Peter G. Trei” <ptrei@bistromath.mitre.org>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 551cc0c0f73b51f8b91baa903ef3fa700c7445e2b3b1f3225c47ccacdc354dd5
Message ID: <9310212029.AA12164@bistromath.mitre.org>
Raw Date: Thu, 21 Oct 93 13:32:48 PDT

Raw message

From: "Peter G. Trei" <ptrei@bistromath.mitre.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 93 13:32:48 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Articulation of PGP point of view?

Robert W. Shirey writes:

>Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1993 10:54:43 -0500
>From: "Robert W. Shirey" <shirey@mitre.org>

>Is there anyone who has, or is able to, articulate the PGP point of
>view for public key management and compentently contrast it to the PEM
>point of view?

>Is there, perhaps, someone who has written on this subject or spoken
>publicly in an organized fashion?

>I am seeking such a person for a presentation and panel discussion at
>an international conference.

>I need names ASAP!

>Please feel free to forward this message to appropriate newsgroups.

>Regards, -Rob-
>SHIREY@MITRE.ORG * tel 703.883.7210 * fax 703.883.1397
>Robert W. Shirey, The MITRE Corporation, Mail Stop Z202
>7525 Colshire Drive, McLean, Virginia  22102-3481  USA

    I talked to Rob about this. What he's really looking for is not
really so much a spokesman for the PGP vs "Big Brother" type of
discussion, but rather someone who can discuss PGP key management
issues from a technical standpoint. He'd really like to find someone
who has dealt with managing a PGP key-server, thoroughly understands
the "web of trust" model used in PGP (contrasting it to the
certification authority hierarchy used in PEM) and is a good and
articulate public speaker. Being partisan for PGP is fine, but you'd
better be able to argue from a technical standpoint, not just an
ideological one.
							Peter Trei
							ptrei@mitre.org

Thread