1993-10-07 - Re: WEAK RSA KEYS

Header Data

From: Derek Atkins <warlord@MIT.EDU>
To: charliemerritt@BIX.com
Message Hash: 5f7a44e6ef7f83ff0f778888511c0ef73fce53a8aff94513fbd7495caa8c9df3
Message ID: <9310071851.AA06231@toxicwaste.MEDIA.MIT.EDU>
Reply To: <9310071345.memo.43629@BIX.com>
UTC Datetime: 1993-10-07 18:55:32 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 7 Oct 93 11:55:32 PDT

Raw message

From: Derek Atkins <warlord@MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 93 11:55:32 PDT
To: charliemerritt@BIX.com
Subject: Re: WEAK RSA KEYS

No, I never said anything about Weak keys, nor did I ever say that
what I chose was a strong key.  I just showed, as I stated, "An
Example" of an RSA key.  Please do not put words in my mouth.

I agree that the myth of only one decryption exponent is a bad thing
to keep going.  I, however, was only trying to give an example of how
RSA works, with numbers, rather than prove that certain sets of RSA
numbers give weak keys.

And I'm also sure that you can much more easily find a set of weak
keys than you can find strong keys, but let's not get into that
argument, please!

Thank you for pointing this out to people.

-derek

Thread