1993-10-21 - Re: Gold in them thar Bills…

Header Data

From: msattler@netcom.com (Michael Sattler)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 628f6dd50f803aec84ffb8cd9860928acd803a9c4f7580488ecb8ef495bcbf1a
Message ID: <9310212340.AA13692@netcom.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 21 Oct 93 16:42:54 PDT

Raw message

From: msattler@netcom.com (Michael Sattler)
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 93 16:42:54 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Gold in them thar Bills...

>writes pmetzger@lehman.com (Perry E. Metzger)
>
>>I can take the pound of gold to MTB down the block and have dollars,
>>yen, or anything else I like, within 15 minutes. I can then take those
>>to buy Big Gulps.
>
>writes hsuutala@fmdmfg2.intel.com (Howard Suutala - ICD)
>
>Yes, as long it was been minted in a recognized form i.e. a gold eagle,
>a panda, or gold peso.  A gob of yellow shinny stuff is just that until
>it has been assayed, and then it is only as good as the backing or
>reputation of the assayer.

Isn't that just part of the recognition process, like "is this bill a real
one, let me look..."

Michael S. Sattler         msattler@netcom.com        +1 (415) 621-2903
Digital Jungle Software    Encrypt now; ask me how.   (finger for PGP key)

               All that is required for evil to triumph is
                for {wo}men of good will to do nothing.

Thread