1993-10-08 - Re: that internet security scanner

Header Data

From: Stanton McCandlish <mech@eff.org>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 9c323ddc500e6fec8a0a0e01cf78b4f33fc24379f3038d3856e7a6b044ed8f4e
Message ID: <199310081328.AA29733@eff.org>
Reply To: <9310081256.AA07636@illuminati.IO.COM>
UTC Datetime: 1993-10-08 13:29:23 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 8 Oct 93 06:29:23 PDT

Raw message

From: Stanton McCandlish <mech@eff.org>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 93 06:29:23 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: that internet security scanner

Well, seems some folks took exception to my remarks about the CERT post.
I was simply kidding, and have no problem with CERT warning SysAdmins
about possible hazards.  I  thought it might be humourous to sound
mock-alarmist, in response to some shouting and nay-saying over EFF warning
SysOps about possible hazards.

--
DISCLAIMER: This message represents only my OWN opinion, not that of EFF.
Stanton McCandlish    Electronic Frontier Foundation Online Activist

Thread