1993-10-07 - Mea Culpa - Don’t “devalue” my postings :-(

Header Data

From: msattler@netcom.com (Michael Sattler)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: a1d6576d4996b350b231d7c0c79cd75775787cb11fcdf8477078808f139ff5c5
Message ID: <9310071442.AA03981@netcom.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 7 Oct 93 07:45:40 PDT

Raw message

From: msattler@netcom.com (Michael Sattler)
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 93 07:45:40 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Mea Culpa - Don't "devalue" my postings :-(

>> The real question is, what attorney jokes do *you* know?  Do you tell
>> programmer jokes?
>
>        Why did you post this to the list?

Argh!  I'm using a new mailer that copies *everyone* to the reply field,
which I've noticed only after investigating (prompted by someone's gentle
query).

I'm sending this apology to the list because I'm sensitive to preserving a
high signal-to-noise ration, and I understand that my exchange of attorney
and programmer's jokes with Mike @ EFF should be private mail.  I'll me
more mindful in the future.  Sorry.

Now let me try and make this message add something.  I love the idea of
implementing a digicash system monitored by the list server even though we
haven't finished discussing whether it's play money, or how to charge
exactly.  Getting it up and running and generating usage statistics so we
can see the flow of digicash.

Again, I aplogize for having my private email replies leak onto the list.

Michael S. Sattler         msattler@netcom.com        +1 (415) 358-3058
Digital Jungle Software    Encrypt now; ask me how.   (finger for PGP key)

      Evil will certainly triumph if good people do nothing at all.

Thread