1993-10-20 - Re: pseudospoofed out

Header Data

From: jrk@sys.uea.ac.uk (Richard Kennaway)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: a7f5ccc6ce40513ad45e9eeac78c55a157018aaefe193e56df74f0f014822b3c
Message ID: <5805.9310200836@s5.sys.uea.ac.uk>
Raw Date: Wed, 20 Oct 93 01:37:41 PDT

Raw message

From: jrk@sys.uea.ac.uk (Richard Kennaway)
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 93 01:37:41 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: pseudospoofed out

L. Detweiler writes:
>I'm simply in favor of truth in advertising, and I think this list has
>been misrepresented as a `forum' when it's nothing but a hotbed of
>pseudospoofing, possibly even aided by automatic software tools.
>I'm not sure that some of the `identities' I've been dealing with over
>the past few months really have any basic morality. I suspect there are
>some demagogues that tout `privacy' while really subtly and insideously
>promoting dishonesty, sociopathism, treachery, and barbarianism.

I note that "S.Boxx" is saying much the same.  Who is pseudospoofing whom?

>I would personally
>like to ban my mailbox of all opinionated pseudonyms who have not read
>more than 2 of my posts.

Well, go ahead.  Mail readers that support kill files exist already.

Richard Kennaway                  __\_ /    School of Information Systems
Internet:  jrk@sys.uea.ac.uk      \  X/     University of East Anglia
uucp:  ...mcsun!ukc!uea-sys!jrk    \/       Norwich NR4 7TJ, U.K.

Thread