1993-10-27 - Privacy/pseudonyms/etc..

Header Data

From: Timothy Newsham <newsham@wiliki.eng.hawaii.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: ae0d9eca8b9b8810459ea9ca4fd76fc330a0bf1fc38414d606f47f99caf154c3
Message ID: <9310272020.AA24628@toad.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 27 Oct 93 13:22:57 PDT

Raw message

From: Timothy Newsham <newsham@wiliki.eng.hawaii.edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 93 13:22:57 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Privacy/pseudonyms/etc..

Hi,
  I have been on this list lately.  I have seen all sorts of diversions
from "normal" cypherpunk discussion.  None has been as big as this
discussion on psuedonyms and "pseudospoofing".  I always thought that
this list was made up of people who already believed that privacy was
a good thing and that it should be persued by writing cryptographic
software that enforced that privacy.  There are newsgroups for debating
various features of privacy,  I think one of them is called alt.privacy
or something equally obvious.  I know the discussions are pretinent to
the code that we write but I dont believe they belong on this list.  If
I wanted to discuss the ups and downs of giving everybody privacy I would
read the appropriate lists.

                                   Tim N.

Thread