1993-10-08 - The ungalvanized understanding

Header Data

From: ferguson@icm1.icp.net (Paul Ferguson x2044)
To: tcmay@netcom.com (Timothy C. May)
Message Hash: d6223e5ed0b8c8c645994f365ef62c6ee7ae5e0061919dd35dc134ab322d6553
Message ID: <9310080339.AA07722@icm1.icp.net>
Reply To: <9310080159.AA21187@netcom5.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1993-10-08 02:39:20 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 7 Oct 93 19:39:20 PDT

Raw message

From: ferguson@icm1.icp.net (Paul Ferguson x2044)
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 93 19:39:20 PDT
To: tcmay@netcom.com (Timothy C. May)
Subject: The ungalvanized understanding

> He also describes in previously-nonpublicized detail the "Harvest" and
> "Lodestone" systems installed at NSA headquarters at Fort Meade around
> 1963. Our own Norm Hardy was involved in this and will be describing
> his "Harvest" experiences at this Saturday's Cypherpunks meeting.
>
> See (some of) you there!

Maybe. ,-)

I've wanted to "cut loose" and post a gut-load before this moment,
but perhaps it just wasn't appropriate at the time. Now that I've
seen all the puking about excessive posts etc., I've got to reiterate
why it is that list is important.

It is certainly not a community bulletin board for folks to just happen-in
and check out what's going on -- the traffic has always been too high for
that!

I've been here and will remain here through the mail-bombs (remember
our friend George?) and implicit/oblivious core dumps that result
in 5 mb mail sorties. ,-)

I live in an agenda called technology. Tim understands the implications
on the development of governments, cultures and history. I can only hope
that theose of you that tag along understand the extreme importance
that goes hand in hand, mano a mano. Peter Honeyman, John Draper,
John Gilmore, Eric Hughes, and the list of luminaries (no pun intended)
that DO hang on should clue you folks on the situation.

We're here. We're shifting -- forever, to secure our foundation in
cypherspace.

Where we were two or six or twelve months ago is no longer sufficient.
We move into positions which galvanize our foothold and grip on the
platforms which propel us.

From pauper to pawn. From knight to provocatuer.

The keepers of the keep. ,-)

Thread