1993-10-04 - L.A. Times Sunday Column One

Header Data

From: Hastings@courier8.aero.org
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: e52107d4182478a4614b977681ea5c48f250db2df9ac21c192c668e3281a4a5e
Message ID: <000848FB.MAI*Hastings@courier8.aero.org>
Raw Date: Mon, 4 Oct 93 13:49:08 PDT

Raw message

From: Hastings@courier8.aero.org
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 93 13:49:08 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: L.A. Times Sunday Column One

Sunday, October 3, 1993 Los Angeles Times Front Page Column One:
Headline: DEMANDING THE ABILITY TO SNOOP
Afraid new technology may foil eavesdropping efforts, U.S. officials want
phone and computer users to adopt the same privacy code. The government
would hold the only key.
by Robert Lee Hotz
Times Science Writer

The article covers PGP, Skipjack in graphic detail (picture of Mykotronix
chip), the growth in dossiers and information requests from the Federal
Crime Info Center, and all our pet issues. This and a related article take
up more than a full page. Eric Hughes is quoted. My mail inbox was
crammed full, so I may have missed it before. If not, whoop, there it is.

Kent - <hastings@courier8.aero.org>

Thread