1993-10-11 - [META] [LIST] Let the market decide

Header Data

From: paul@poboy.b17c.ingr.com (Paul Robichaux)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: f4b23b7f5830afca63ac212431dd063d82ff1625e19ea363d15700c77a3da1f1
Message ID: <199310111456.AA26530@poboy.b17c.ingr.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 11 Oct 93 07:59:49 PDT

Raw message

From: paul@poboy.b17c.ingr.com (Paul Robichaux)
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 93 07:59:49 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: [META] [LIST] Let the market decide

I write this in the hope that it'll finish off the list/newsgroup
discussion and with the fear that it will make it worse.

"Let the market decide." If you feel that a newsgroup is the right way
to go, then start one. If it offers something valuable to current
cypherpunks subscribers, they'll read it.

Likewise with alternate mailing lists. If you want a crypto-politics
list, start one. If it offers valuable material, people will
subscribe.

Do not presume to dictate to the folks like Eric and Tim who created,
and have since nurtured, this list. Build a better mousetrap, and all
that.

-Paul

--
Paul Robichaux, KD4JZG     | "Change the world for a better tomorrow. But
perobich@ingr.com          |  watch your ass today." - aaron@halcyon.com

Thread