1993-10-06 - Re: Start up costs and paying for speech…

Header Data

From: Joe Thomas <jthomas@pawpaw.mitre.org>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: fb5209aa582c263fff9213d9f2a94021127f5082ea17e43e7ffee57854118aaf
Message ID: <9310061906.AA28917@pawpaw.mitre.org>
Raw Date: Wed, 6 Oct 93 12:09:13 PDT

Raw message

From: Joe Thomas <jthomas@pawpaw.mitre.org>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 93 12:09:13 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Start up costs and paying for speech...

On cypherpunks, Peter Wayner <pcw@access.digex.net> writes:

> Each month, the
> smartest and wittiest would be taxed and their
> success redistributed to the new and the
> epistolarily challenged.
>

> Ack... I don't know if digital money is such a
> great idea. A worl d without it seems so free.

I wouldn't worry about either.  I don't see how enforcement of
copyright will be possible under crypto-anarchy any more than
taxation will be.  If one person pays for a posting, what's to keep
him from sharing it anonymously with whomever he wants?  Is there any
way that crypto-anarcy won't bring the death of "intellectual
property"?

Joe

Thread