1993-11-29 - Anonymous mail servers?

Header Data

From: analyst@netcom.com (Benjamin McLemore)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 0102db5411f18f942411e98e126e2b17392a2861be4f60e0ace023d70771a741
Message ID: <199311290006.QAA01350@mail.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 28 Nov 93 16:09:40 PST

Raw message

From: analyst@netcom.com (Benjamin McLemore)
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 93 16:09:40 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Anonymous mail servers?

Are there any anonymous mail<-->ftp servers around? I am thinking
specifically about people getting pgp and other (soon to be
contraband?) cypherpunks tools. It would be nice if there were a
server for at least these items. I suppose you would send an
appropriately composed message with a body consisting of the request
and an anonymous return address preceded by the anonymous address of
the server.

Has this already been done? Blacknet, if it exists, works like this
doesn't it? Where are the BlackNet access instructions?

Benjamin McLemore
analyst@netcom.com