1993-11-03 - Re: Style Analysis

Header Data

From: A1 ray arachelian (library) <rarachel@ishara.poly.edu>
To: ptaylor@panix.com (Phil Taylor)
Message Hash: 0cbdf8802cbca28f0d74d72ac1c397509dc8c7b9adae6c21650665d6d596d81a
Message ID: <9311030137.AA11763@ishara.poly.edu>
Reply To: <Pine.3.05.9311021455.A12868-a100000@panix.com>
UTC Datetime: 1993-11-03 05:42:17 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 2 Nov 93 21:42:17 PST

Raw message

From: A1 ray arachelian (library)  <rarachel@ishara.poly.edu>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 93 21:42:17 PST
To: ptaylor@panix.com (Phil Taylor)
Subject: Re: Style Analysis

> I remember a sf suggestion a while ago that went like this:
> a. A mail reader that intelligently filters incoming messages to extract
> only the factual content.
> b. A mail sender that intelligntly "stylizes" a factual message with
> appropriate "fluff".
> That way I can send you a one line message "watch out for the MDS!", but
> our computers will communicate with as much polite waffling as possible.
>
> The suggestion was a joke but maybe it has applicability :-)

Yes, however, this isn't too feasable.  There's a great quote somewhere in
Don Lancaster's Secret Money Machine II that goes along the lines of a
bit of text being translated to Russian and back which illustrates just how
(in)effective these things can be:

IN: The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.
OUT:The vodka was great, but the mean is rotten.

Thread