1993-11-03 - RE-RE-RE-RE: ZEE

Header Data

From: thomas.hughes@chrysalis.org
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 171efadb51d2c3996c671d4dcbcc5785e5b49a77d5a5613a03e9af9857ee3d07
Message ID: <9311030207.A6385wk@chrysalis.org>
Raw Date: Wed, 3 Nov 93 01:07:18 PST

Raw message

From: thomas.hughes@chrysalis.org
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 93 01:07:18 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: RE-RE-RE-RE: ZEE

>>Random mailing routes actually make it easier to track down the
>>original sender.

>>Perhaps you missed an earlier message I sent to the list ("Anonymous
>>Mail").  If the message proceeds randomly through the remailers, then
>>every single site must somehow be told the final address.  Therefore,
>>instead of just one site knowing the final destination, every site
>>must know the final destination.

if every single site knows the final address, so what?
 how is this going to help them track down the original sender??

anyone at the final destination who wants to track down the original sender
would need to hop-scotch backwards through the numerous sites and try to
track down the path the message took. this is of course, IF someone really
wants to go to this much trouble and if they think they can talk a slew
of administrators into helping them with the witchhunt.

1 out of 5 odds that a "special processing script" is executed on the
message and it is forwarded through a remailer or two using encryption.
 just set up 20 different scripts that route the message in encrypted form
through various/random/secret/obscure remailer-paths.

Thread