1993-11-27 - Banning any subscriber

Header Data

From: Jim choate <ravage@wixer.bga.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 1749afd27e085594ee911f60c4150a6d6f4468ee238ae9095ea8284050f3f891
Message ID: <9311271521.AA17800@wixer>
Raw Date: Sat, 27 Nov 93 07:34:16 PST

Raw message

From: Jim choate <ravage@wixer.bga.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 93 07:34:16 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Banning any subscriber

Hi again,

I want to thank everyone for their repsonce to my earlier mail. I do have
some questions however.

1. CypherPunks supports crypto so people cant tamper w/ my mail but you want
   to censor somebody at the source. How can you support this?

2. Everyone says this list is private. Nowhere has this EVER been mentioned
   in any conversation or info that I have read. The implication in all the
   posts, print articles, and talk at the local group meet led me to believe
   CypherPunks was a public forum for discussion and implimentation of crypto
   related material. Was I misunderstanding something?

3. Sine at least part of the networks and hardware the mail list is used on
   is publily funded how can you construe it as private w/o some form of
   moderator or subscriction contract?

4. The responces to L.D. about mail-bombs and posing as a AIDS lab is much
   worse and more troublesome to me than anything I have seen L.D. post. Not
   only is some of the actions proposed criminal but I fail to see how a
   group which relies on its reputation can support or condone such comments.

5. If you don't like what he says then kill the mail and forget it.

Thread