1993-11-12 - Re: Should we oppose the Data Superhighway/NII?

Header Data

From: “George A. Gleason” <gg@well.sf.ca.us>
To: tcmay@netcom.com
Message Hash: 19f1a03a2fa75215145425e5ebf93faf85ed996c892cd7d296ffcea31fef1b48
Message ID: <199311121328.FAA25705@well.sf.ca.us>
Raw Date: Fri, 12 Nov 93 05:29:30 PST

Raw message

From: "George A. Gleason" <gg@well.sf.ca.us>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 93 05:29:30 PST
To: tcmay@netcom.com
Subject: Re:  Should we oppose the Data Superhighway/NII?

RE "killing route 666," my primary objection is that there seems to be very
little emphasis on increasing access at the grassroots level; the way things
are going it will be 500 channels of commercial TV with "interactive"
limited to Home Shopping and other trivial bullshit.  I'm all in favor of
common carrier status, guaranteed access for all, etc; but the current
govt and private proposals & general moves like Bell/TCI, seem to miss the
mark widely.

-gg

Thread