1993-11-15 - Great quote from public NIST comments on Clipper

Header Data

From: gnu (John Gilmore)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 2745762a3611f44881fd3647c92189a675c80b318eb3da7a1f382aa438b6cdc2
Message ID: <9311150850.AA10306@toad.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 15 Nov 93 00:50:52 PST

Raw message

From: gnu (John Gilmore)
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 93 00:50:52 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Great quote from public NIST comments on Clipper

EFF has made available the full file of public comments that were
submitted to NIST through the "cryptnow@eff.org" service.  I found this
great quote in there:

  However, if this standard is adopted, we at least have the opportunity to
  reduce our dependence on imported oil substantially. All we need do is
  hook up generators to the bones of the authors of the Constitution and
  the Bill of Rights. I estimate their rotational speed at 2000 RPM now and
  rising rapidly.

  Sincerely yours,

  Richard B. Mott
  Ringoes, New Jersey

The comments are in ftp.eff.org:/pub/crypto/EES_FIPS_Comments.txt .
--
John Gilmore                gnu@toad.com  --  gnu@cygnus.com  --  gnu@eff.org
  ``This committee has not tried to determine whether the National Security

Thread