1993-11-17 - why Identity is Sacred

Header Data

From: “L. Detweiler” <ld231782@longs.lance.colostate.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 284a00e19125a4dfa7da52114561ee22088c6b251555ba1862634c3f26810109
Message ID: <9311170503.AA26726@longs.lance.colostate.edu>
Reply To: <199311151223.EAA13250@mail.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1993-11-17 05:04:14 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 16 Nov 93 21:04:14 PST

Raw message

From: "L. Detweiler" <ld231782@longs.lance.colostate.edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 93 21:04:14 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: why Identity is Sacred

Mr. Szabo objects to my pseudopool fun. I don't understand. How is
misattribution of quotations different than than things like
pseudospoofing and pseudopools that top cypherpunks promote?

>Given the many idiotic things already claimed by Detweiler,
>(including at one time or another, hotly accusing most list-active Bay Area
>cypherpunks of being "pseudospoofs" of each other, when all he had to
>do to verify our True Names was call),

I did call Medusa. Her line was been busy. All I have been able to talk
to are tentacles. And they all say, `Believe, me, I am a person!'

> So I just want to make sure everybody understands there's
>a head full of hypocrisy to go along with the head full of otherwise
>misfiring neurons:

yes, Medusa is quite confused lately. Halleluja for RISKS.

>It's highly improbable that Tim May would go anywhere near Perl, and
>it's also quite improbable Eric Hughes would have made such a gaffe.
>(Which just goes to show I _am_ Hughes and May, otherwise how could
>I know, eh Detweiler?)

Your days are numbered, Medusa, and you are pretty clueless for not
realizing it. The King is Dead.

>It might be feasible to defame people behind their backs, by
>sending false quotations in mail to small numbers of third parties.

Attention everyone, this is precisely what Medusa is doing with me
right now. Be careful.

>By extrapolation the quotes attributed to Arther Chandler,
>Hal Finney, and Perry Metzger were also likely "pseudospools",
>many of which will be obvious to those falsely quoted or their
>freinds, or those who keep good archives.

Medusa has finally gone totally insane.

Hey Medusa -- do you allow pseudospoofing on your secret mailing list?
or do you ban it? are you a hypocrite? are you a liar?

Thread