1993-11-18 - privacy and rights (short reply)

Header Data

From: an15489@anon.penet.fi (Jack Daniels)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 3b2e63cc82cf46a1e97b559f18458c965716925f6179d44708799e7750080222
Message ID: <9311180046.AA21866@anon.penet.fi>
Raw Date: Wed, 17 Nov 93 16:46:55 PST

Raw message

From: an15489@anon.penet.fi (Jack Daniels)
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 93 16:46:55 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: privacy and rights (short reply)

>> Numbered bank accounts and even lines of credit
>> exist and will continue to prosper.
>
>One can hope so, but when the Swiss numbered bank account, the
>canonical example, vanishes, I begin to have doubts.
>
>[Let's hope it doesn't get this far.  Besides, there's always
>Liechtenstein  :)]

I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but to the best of my knowledge
Switzerland no longer allows numbered bank accounts.  Also, from
my studies of international banking, bank secrecy and tax havens,
I have never seen any reference to numbered bank accounts in
any country other than Switzerland, including Liechtenstein (although
Liechtenstein does have better secrecy safeguards than Switzerland.
Today, Cayman Islands has more international money in its bank than
any other country in the world due to their bank secrecy and favorable
tax status (ref: Forbes Magazine).

Jack

To find out more about the anon service, send mail to help@anon.penet.fi.
Please report any problems, inappropriate use etc. to admin@anon.penet.fi.