1993-11-08 - Re: Public and private.

Header Data

From: GRABOW_GEOFFREY@tandem.com
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 3c2595efd42f541468af525b3ccb02a0356d94f4086562dc816f9a544f790dab
Message ID: <199311081251.AA26937@localhost>
Raw Date: Mon, 8 Nov 93 12:48:23 PST

Raw message

From: GRABOW_GEOFFREY@tandem.com
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 93 12:48:23 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Public and private.

ARTHURC@CRL.COM writes:
> But of COURSE the government has a right to know how much money you
> make -    It OWNS you;

I prefer to think of myself as a shareholder in our government.  Not that it
is an entity unto itself and that I am "owned" by it.  This may be a little
self-deluding, but it lets me sleep nights.

As to the gov't tracking every penny that I earn, the only alternative to an
income tax is an extremly high sales tax.  This is extremely unfair to those
on the lower end of the wage scale.

                                              G.C.G.

Thread