1993-11-23 - G.Barnes – Stellar Hypocrite

Header Data

From: “L. Detweiler” <ld231782@longs.lance.colostate.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 5ec093197b086239ba16145f52cd1465e74b6ac8e92a534d6a76c929d5defa59
Message ID: <9311230723.AA02688@longs.lance.colostate.edu>
Raw Date: Mon, 22 Nov 93 23:23:50 PST

Raw message

From: "L. Detweiler" <ld231782@longs.lance.colostate.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 93 23:23:50 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: G.Barnes -- Stellar Hypocrite

A friend has just emailed me a copy of Mr. Barnes' outrageous invasions
into my privacy from last week, which just saw for the first time, and
now condemn as a grotesque fishing expedition among my personal
associates with enough influence to censor me. I didn't take his
earlier threats about `going to your personal associates' seriously --
I had no idea anyone could be so perverted. Mr. Barnes, your slimy
tactics are absolutely obscene, and I further doubt that you are acting
alone. Prominent `leading' cypherpunks are using you as their `front
man' to attack and censor me rather than publicly confront my charges
and confess to their own depravities of widespread, rampant,
conspirational pseudospoofing, yourself included.

The sheer onslaught of unremitting evil I have been subject to in the
past few weeks make my RISKS articles look like feeble whimperings. The
problem is not that these recent freakshows are little anomalies in the
Cypherpunk `movement'. We are seeing for the first time the true,
unconcealed, rotten core of it. The hideous monster that has until now
hidden in blackness is rearing and screeching at the top of its lungs
upon being discovered. Pseudospoofing, criminal machinations of
identity, lying through the media, and subversion of the Internet and
Cyberspace have been the #1 goals of the Cypherpunks from the
beginning, and their heinous, vicious atrocities have already
irreparably damaged and poisoned very many quarters of the Internet.
The Aliens have Landed.

Thread