1993-11-29 - HUMOR: Timothy C. May is the CONSPIRACY!

Header Data

From: pat@tstc.edu (Patrick E. Hykkonen)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 6493411bb9f213735234b18ba756c8528e0710ebdd35e2dafa49ec7c2ee48451
Message ID: <9311291700.AA15215@tstc.edu>
Raw Date: Mon, 29 Nov 93 09:02:05 PST

Raw message

From: pat@tstc.edu (Patrick E. Hykkonen)
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 93 09:02:05 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: HUMOR:  Timothy C. May is the CONSPIRACY!

In the grand style of the infamous L. Detweiler, here is proof that Timothy
C. May is the real culprit behind all this.

	From: tcmay@netcom.com (Timothy C. May)
	Subject: Re: Banning any subscriber
	Date: Sat, 27 Nov 93 23:47:54 PST

	--Tim May, who generally finds it faster to hit "D" than to filter
	(and, ironically, I keep all of the Detweiler/Pervert/S. Boxx/etc.
	posts, both for archival value and because it's stuff I'll want to
	reread in future years and perhaps use in a book I may write).

	From: bart@netcom.com (Harry Bartholomew)
	Subject: The other side of LD
	Date: Sat, 27 Nov 93 2:42:08 PST

	    I never thought I be caught dead forward an LD post, but here
	    it is since I may be the only 'punk on the NEW-LIST announcements.
	    Here we see the other side. I am beginning to get a funny feeling
	    about all this. Consider:

	    1. The book published for profit by editing the submissions to
	       rec.humor.funny.
	    2. The recent "compilation copyright" filed by Keith Peterson
	       on the material contained in the Simtel archive.
	    3. The default apparent public domain into which all our postings
	       seem to fall.

	    Is LD, the prolific author that he obviously is, merely baiting
	    the creative minds of the cypherpunks to gather material for his
	    forthcoming novel(s)?

	    Bart

Tim's penchant for creating boiling cauldrons has "caught" him in this case.
He states that he keeps all the messages for archival purposes to create a
book at a later time.  Notice that another Cypherpunk subscriber from the
same site points out that LD is merely baiting the Cypherpunks and the world
into situations for book material.  Tim obviously urged Harry into sending
the second message above.

	From: tcmay@netcom.com (Timothy C. May)
	Subject: "Pretty Good Paranoia" and "Dining Detweilers Net"
	Date: Sun, 28 Nov 93 0:35:44 PST

	"My tortured and WRACKED soul is becoming INCREASINGLY MADDENED AND
	DISGUSTED by the unspeakable actions of the leading SickoPunks in
	beaming RADIO SIGNALS into my cranial cavities while I dream of
	slaying Miss Medusa and her TENTACLES of depravity and cyberspatial
	indifference."

	--Klaus! von Future Prime
	(My nom de humor on the Extropians list.)

This is the final proof.  I do not believe that Tim actually creates the
text that apparently comes from LD.  It is Tim's cat!  This is why
the link between LD and Tim has not come to light sooner.  Tim has
conspired with his cat to create this "uproar" for material for his
upcoming book.  Since Tim and his cat are two seperate entities their
message text does not correlate, however the inclusion of a piece of
"Detweiler Text" inside of one of Tim's messages proves beyond a shadow of
a doubt that Tim must somehow be responsible for LD's posts.

I submit to you that it is Timothy C. May is actually L. Detweiler and
he has fooled us all!  I just hope it makes a good book!

--
Pat Hykkonen ** N5NPL ** pat@tstc.edu ** CNSA -- (817) 867-4831
Disclaimer:  This product may cause irritability in some users.  In cases of

Thread