1993-11-15 - Re: Should we oppose the Data Superhighway/NII?

Header Data

From: habs@panix.com (Harry S. Hawk)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 64f61f13ed0f6f8232a6b63f9d1a8519b6cbae5bf386b58b0fae0146477d115f
Message ID: <199311151042.AA19193@panix.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 15 Nov 93 02:44:01 PST

Raw message

From: habs@panix.com (Harry S. Hawk)
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 93 02:44:01 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Should we oppose the Data Superhighway/NII?

The FCC can already regulate what is on any broadcast medium that
is FCC regulated, (Tobacco Ads, for example).

The ONLY way, IMHO, to have a national data highway (not regulated
and thus censored by the FCC) is to have it operated by the post office.

Since I don't want the government opperating any data network I feel
the result will be freedom of "broadcast" IS DEAD.

E.g., I can send Tim live porno from my home, but as soon as I make it
available on a point to multi-point basis, the FCC steps in....

--
Harry S. Hawk  -  Extropian
                                                        habs@extropy.org

Thread