1993-11-28 - Subscriber encapsulation

Header Data

From: ferguson@icm1.icp.net (Paul Ferguson x2044)
To: hughes@ah.com (Eric Hughes)
Message Hash: 90017e2bcf56f4e480b2a5d4b26402de72b7b3c68e21b9985462175693610892
Message ID: <9311280526.AA22451@icm1.icp.net>
Reply To: <9311280456.AA04042@ah.com>
UTC Datetime: 1993-11-28 05:29:19 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 27 Nov 93 21:29:19 PST

Raw message

From: ferguson@icm1.icp.net (Paul Ferguson x2044)
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 93 21:29:19 PST
To: hughes@ah.com (Eric Hughes)
Subject: Subscriber encapsulation

Eric <eric@ah.com> Hughes writes -

> Much of the debate on cypherpunks magically incants 'reputation
> systems' to solve all sorts of sticky problems, but none have ever
> been implemented in software, except for killfiles, which are not
> effective against disruption in an anonymous environment.

This is an interesting point within itself. Anon messages from
remailers such as <nowhere@bsu-cs.bsu.edu> continually have the
same banner/header information, regardless of user (which in my
ideal anonymous environment is a GOO THING (tm)). Anon mail from
penet is account -ized and assigned -- not an ideal anonymous
environment from my viewpoint.

The Net is still in its infancy, as far as I can assess. We will
all be much the historians, if the soothsayers are to be believed.

- Paul

Thread