1993-11-10 - Re: Is Clipper Almost Dead? (was: Clipper and Tipper on Route 666)

Header Data

From: owen@autodesk.com (D. Owen Rowley)
To: clark@metal.psu.edu
Message Hash: 9276b0b38ca17ce89c1f4b7b28c99f62e0f5e80b5557891dcf0ee5f50157bb10
Message ID: <9311102113.AA00419@lux.YP.acad>
Raw Date: Wed, 10 Nov 93 15:13:28 PST

Raw message

From: owen@autodesk.com (D. Owen Rowley)
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 93 15:13:28 PST
To: clark@metal.psu.edu
Subject: Re: Is Clipper Almost Dead? (was: Clipper and Tipper on Route 666)

  > From: Clark Reynard <clark@metal.psu.edu>
  > I think it would be very important if we could attempt to
 > sway the Christian right into this; it is certain we
 > probably don't agree on many issues, and the "700 Club"
 > anti-Clipper piece was very effective, good video.
 >
 > If you don't believe me, watch it.  They almost seem
 > to agree with us entirely on the issue of cryptography.
 > Perhaps it's time for a _new_ group; the cyphermonks.
 >
 > I nominate St. John the Divine as a patron saint.

Don Corleone taught his son Michael to *keep his friends close, and his
enemys closer*.

meanwhile, don't forget for a second that the christian right
*will* toss your anarchic ass on the pyre where they *will* roast
pagan faggots like myself after they've squeezed you for your
support.

Religion has it's protection clearly enumerated in the constitution,
and a clear agenda to keep everyone elses freedom from being similary
enumerated.
Caveat emptor, and carry a loaded flamethrower, because the first
chance they get to cut you out of the deal you will need it.

Me, I plan to be long gone into the "Inner Zone (TM)".

LUX ./. owen

Thread