1993-11-10 - Re: Are we gatewayed to Usenet?

Header Data

From: doug@netcom.com (Doug Merritt)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: b7db44a20eff777b404f55a51b3163b6ad2e7d35817dcbefeb73750e544be212
Message ID: <199311100415.UAA08381@mail.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 9 Nov 93 20:18:44 PST

Raw message

From: doug@netcom.com (Doug Merritt)
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 93 20:18:44 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Are we gatewayed to Usenet?

tcmay@netcom.com (Timothy C. May) said:
>Certainly our List is not a deep, dark secret, and certainly we know
>the list is gatewayed into some local networks, but I really worry
>about everything we say hear being readable by anyone with a newsfeed.
>
>It also opens us up to more disruptive flaming and puerile
>argumentation.

Agreed. There are a fair number of topics that I don't care to
discuss in a newsgroup where J. Random Luser might briefly drop in, but that
I'm willing to talk about in a mail list, where there is a psychological
barrier plus time delay and general perceived effort etc to join.
	Doug

Thread