1993-11-23 - Crays vs <?>

Header Data

From: ogr@wyvern.wyvern.com (Jason Plank)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: b80e4b04b2145d3f7ca2b9d25715eae5855a62ba7821282fe762cb7bd3054f32
Message ID: <m0p27He-0000daC@wyvern.wyvern.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 23 Nov 93 15:43:03 PST

Raw message

From: ogr@wyvern.wyvern.com (Jason Plank)
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 93 15:43:03 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Crays vs <?>

	There has been a lot of type of what kind of resources the US (in
particluar the NSA) has in defeating various encryption schemes.  I've read
that they have 100+ Crays scattered throughout the country.
	My question is this, what kind of systems is the "other" side using?
The US has export restrictions on super computers, such as the Cray.  I know
for a fact that the US .gov wouldn't allow the sale of a Cray to India,
because .gov thought that it could be used in the manufacture of weapons.

--
Signature?  I don't need no *stinking* signature!
Confucius say "Clinton Happens"

Thread