1993-11-27 - The other side of LD

Header Data

From: bart@netcom.com (Harry Bartholomew)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: be88c4067ade90eb7f455604f1bf3c17894874b409862a09bb79ce7ec417b80a
Message ID: <199311271042.CAA28624@mail.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 27 Nov 93 02:44:05 PST

Raw message

From: bart@netcom.com (Harry Bartholomew)
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 93 02:44:05 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: The other side of LD

    I never thought I be caught dead forward an LD post, but here
    it is since I may be the only 'punk on the NEW-LIST announcements.
    Here we see the other side. I am beginning to get a funny feeling
    about all this. Consider:

    1. The book published for profit by editing the submissions to
       rec.humor.funny.
    2. The recent "compilation copyright" filed by Keith Peterson
       on the material contained in the Simtel archive.
    3. The default apparent public domain into which all our postings
       seem to fall.

    Is LD, the prolific author that he obviously is, merely baiting
    the creative minds of the cypherpunks to gather material for his
    forthcoming novel(s)?

    Bart