1993-11-23 - Tech: Truth about Canon Copiers

Header Data

From: an4914@anon.penet.fi (Nitch)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: c46b49a6670c8d94471eb212f9dd93453b532c0eec7d24e0281a569d8d632c53
Message ID: <9311231608.AA21050@anon.penet.fi>
Raw Date: Tue, 23 Nov 93 08:09:04 PST

Raw message

From: an4914@anon.penet.fi (Nitch)
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 93 08:09:04 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Tech: Truth about Canon Copiers

>       This is interesting.  Since most of the change-making machines in
>   laundromats seem to use the side with the dead white guy, I wonder if it
>   would work to use this copy?
>   ----Dave REes (rees@cs.bu.edu)
>
>Nah, the changers just say "this side up" - the scanner may be looking at
>the underside of the bill, or at both sides (more probable).

Or, they may not "scan" at all!  Ever wonder why wrinkles, folds, and other
mutilations wreck their ability to recognize your cash?

I think many of them may be measuring paper thickness, folks.
To find out more about the anon service, send mail to help@anon.penet.fi.
Please report any problems, inappropriate use etc. to admin@anon.penet.fi.

Thread