1993-11-03 - Re: WARNING: direct-marketing email address list

Header Data

From: jim@bilbo.suite.com (Jim Miller)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: d3c1889873681388cdcf4ab0154241b9a0245a2c81065b5cb6086a1a0c7d8f94
Message ID: <9311032045.AA07624@bilbo.suite.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 3 Nov 93 12:47:26 PST

Raw message

From: jim@bilbo.suite.com (Jim Miller)
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 93 12:47:26 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: WARNING: direct-marketing email address list

> According to the Internet Business Report 1.3 (page 4), J.S. McBride and
> Company are selling access to a database of Internet addresses, including
> demographic information.  They claim over one million entries.  The net

I receive an unsolicited e-mail from these people just the other day.  It said
something to effect of

"I have heard that you may be interested in implementing UNIX/Mac/PC
software...I have a database of contact addresses that may interest you...I am
NOT selling anything...If I have mis-read your intentions, I apologize.
However, could you forward this letter to someone would may be interested."

I deleted it.

Jim_Miller@suite.com

Thread