1993-11-12 - Re: Are we gatewayed to Usenet

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <pmetzger@lehman.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: d5ceb6a6e489bccfb9badfc387b76d0730ccb7b6cd0288477626ef6726e0ea7b
Message ID: <9311121652.AA03383@snark.lehman.com>
Reply To: <9311121351.AA15525@metal.psu.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1993-11-12 16:53:41 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 12 Nov 93 08:53:41 PST

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <pmetzger@lehman.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 93 08:53:41 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Are we gatewayed to Usenet

Clark Reynard says:
> Never.  I don't _ever_ want to see this made into a
> 'semi-private' mailing list.  Extropians, for example,
> does this, and it's ended up being an incestuous,
> closed group, with extremely low signal-to-noise
> ratio; as the same groups of people chatter and
> blather about the same subjects to no end.

The participants would say that they have a very high signal to noise
ratio. The fact that you didn't like the signals and would prefer
different ones means you were not suited to the interests discussed on
that list, not that the experiment has not been a success.

Perry

Thread