1993-11-20 - Re: Key Servers

Header Data

From: “L. Detweiler” <ld231782@longs.lance.colostate.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: d922c02657dbf0a0b5614b2488c77620c966222c21b71679807990b109ec8942
Message ID: <9311200709.AA02072@longs.lance.colostate.edu>
Reply To: <9311200648.AA01837@longs.lance.colostate.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1993-11-20 07:12:02 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 19 Nov 93 23:12:02 PST

Raw message

From: "L. Detweiler" <ld231782@longs.lance.colostate.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 93 23:12:02 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Key Servers

>I dont think this list should have a policy against "pseudo spoofing".
>Even if it did, there would be virtually no way of upholding such a
>policy.  If you are so concerned by this phenomenon then you should
>come up with a technological solution.

there isn't a solution to enforcing honesty. that's why we have criminals.

do you think there is a `code of ethics' in maintaining privacy among
cypherpunks over their email?

why can't we insert into that, `thou shalt not pseudospoof your fellow cypherpunks'?

I can't wait to see the Cypherpunks Code of Ethics. hee, hee. Suddenly
I am having visions of snowballs and Hell.

I would volunteer to start a list of everyone who agrees not to
pseudospoof each other on this list or in private email and distribute
it. But I won't, because the pseudospoofers (esp. those at the top) will not apply.

The pseudospoofers were quite amused by my pseudospoofing survey.
Imagine -- even revealing that they are doing it, without revealing the
identities? What kind of idiot do I think I am?

Hey pseudospoofers -- you are nothing but hypocrites wrapping
yourselves in the flag of privacy while urinating on it. *maybe* you
have a right to imaginary identities in quarantined playpens, like the
Pseudospoofing Game, but not in any serious forum. But why are you such
slime in not revealing to others that you are doing it? because you
want to embezzle, and part of embezzlement is never getting caught.

You think you are getting back at Big Corrupt Businesses. But you are
doing nothing but betraying *everyone* you come in contact with, with
your little identity arsenal fantasies.

The Psychopunk Code of Ethics

Nothing Is Wrong.
Nothing I Ever Do is Wrong.
I can Never Admit To Anything because I have Never Done Anything Wrong.
Privacy is Sacred -- Even if You are a Criminal -- Especially if You are a Criminal.

bastards. I used to think that 1/3 of the Royalty was Pure. But it is
3/3rds Corruption. Not only rotten *at* the core, rotten *to* the core.

<vomit>

Thread