1993-11-19 - Re: souls and Multiple Personality Disorder

Header Data

From: erc@khijol.yggdrasil.com (Ed Carp)
To: gtoal@an-teallach.com
Message Hash: dbc33f40435c4975d9c714b3b478aa24f3df5b811eae7211e2a3e74254826b5d
Message ID: <m0p0HXV-000HXQC@khijol.yggdrasil.com>
Reply To: <8991@an-teallach.com>
UTC Datetime: 1993-11-19 05:54:40 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 18 Nov 93 21:54:40 PST

Raw message

From: erc@khijol.yggdrasil.com (Ed Carp)
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 93 21:54:40 PST
To: gtoal@an-teallach.com
Subject: Re: souls and Multiple Personality Disorder

> In article <m0ozdjZ-000HXQC@khijol> erc@wetware.com "Ed Carp" writes:
>  > I thought this was rather tasteless.  MP is real.  My SO is MP.  It's not
>  > very funny.  Do you know what causes MP?  Childhood sexual abuse.
>
> Possibly, but more often overzealous psychiatrists with an axe to grind.
> (Let me guess, she had no history at all of MPD before she went to a
> psychiatrist for some unrelated problem, right?)

Err, actually, no.  She has memories of at least one other personality
from the age of 4.  Her memory is quite good...she has memories of sexual abuse
(I won't go into details) at age 3.  :( :(
--
Ed Carp, N7EKG			erc@wetware.com			510/659-9560
                   an38299@anon.penet.fi, anon-1157@twwells.com

Thread