1993-11-11 - Re: modem taps/caller id

Header Data

From: abootch@sfsuvax1.sfsu.edu (Bokum Bop Till You Drop)
To: Martin.Greifer@f28.n125.z1.fidonet.org (Martin Greifer)
Message Hash: e5befd51badd3427d01abaf925304fab984bf0f738e9ee837c34b12f80f91e3f
Message ID: <9311112303.AA19607@sfsuvax1.sfsu.edu>
Reply To: <4110.2CE1DFEC@shelter.FIDONET.ORG>
UTC Datetime: 1993-11-11 23:03:35 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 11 Nov 93 15:03:35 PST

Raw message

From: abootch@sfsuvax1.sfsu.edu (Bokum Bop Till You Drop)
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 93 15:03:35 PST
To: Martin.Greifer@f28.n125.z1.fidonet.org (Martin Greifer)
Subject: Re: modem taps/caller id

> > Practical Peripherals sells a modem that also captures Caller ID info
> > and makes   it available to your comm program.  I've also seen devices
> > that do this for   sale in the back of BBS magazines.
>
> The question is, how does a caller block this feature?
> ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12
> --

You can press *67 (or *69? in some places) to keep the receiver from
getting your phone number but your phone number is still sent - just not
displayed - more info in current ish of 2600.

--

Thread