1993-11-09 - Nymalizer, politics on the list

Header Data

From: greg@ideath.goldenbear.com (Greg Broiles)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: fd1fe2c89221e701cc5b8d2b0fab0f79c346962c153e16689657db2fde689d86
Message ID: <HZJqcc2w164w@ideath.goldenbear.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 8 Nov 93 23:08:34 PST

Raw message

From: greg@ideath.goldenbear.com (Greg Broiles)
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 93 23:08:34 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Nymalizer, politics on the list

Will an input-oriented (recognition mode) Nymalizer be able to differentiate
between the outputs of "actual people" (ha) and actual people as filtered
through output-oriented (generation mode) Nymalizers? After all, once we
discover that username 'x' posts using LOTS of CAPITALIZED words and phunny
SPELLINGS and so forth, it doesn't seem so hard to turn a Nymalizer into a
filter which would create (or at least describe to a human creator) text
which would fit that pattern ..

I'm pleased to see that Perry now supports moving politics off the list; his
posts do make me wonder if he's being spoofed, as he cheerfully participated
in the econ-flames of a month ago. Still, I wholeheartedly support either
him or the spoofer in their call to take the politics somewhere else.

--
Greg Broiles
greg@goldenbear.com                     Baked, not fried.

Thread