1993-12-08 - Re: San Jose Merc article on s/w industry crypto deal

Header Data

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@access.digex.net>
To: dmandl@panix.com
Message Hash: 06f265612c906834467c41628d4f2efef68aca3f0e6a16bf78ea5089545ff6db
Message ID: <199312082237.AA04028@access2.digex.net>
Raw Date: Wed, 8 Dec 93 14:40:47 PST

Raw message

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@access.digex.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 93 14:40:47 PST
To: dmandl@panix.com
Subject: Re: San Jose Merc article on s/w industry crypto deal

->

What a sell-out (literally).  Will these guys also support the government's
right to conduct random house-to-house searches if they're promised a piece
of the booty?  And Clipper has ALWAYS been "voluntary" (at least so far), so
that part of the deal is no victory at all.  With friends like these...

   --Dave.

<-

()()

As originally conceived by the administration, Clipper would be the only
advanced encryption technology that could be sold by U.S. firms overseas.

()()

Yeah, real "voluntary."

More government controled, distributed, surveiled monopolies.
Reminds me of ma bell.  Western electric manufactures the phones
that everyone HAS to buy.  Sounds like AT&T has found out that turn
about is fair play.  They are stabbing the very system that gave them
their boost in the back in many ways.  (Sigh)

I do have to admit however, I have one of those heavy western electric
phones on my desk.  It must be 12 years old or something and it has out
lived all the other phones I have ever bought.  I'm sort of fond of the
heavy clunky feel it has too.  Not like these cheap AT&T Spielzeug
that aren't heavy enough to hold on to the desk when you stretch the cord.
:)

-uni- (Dark)

Thread